Bigsly's avatar

Brut by Fabergé

I can only tolerate a tiny amount of this, so this new review needs to be considered possibly incomplete. I have sampled the one in the plastic bottle, a fairly new one, I think. There is harsh lavender and a chemical/synthetic, candy-like note or accord that seem to be in a battle for dominance. They are both awful, but together it's almost like a bad joke, told over and over again. I'm on a sea-food diet these days. Whenever I see food, I eat it. Over and over again. Anyway, I didn't detect an animalic note nor was it musky. The Brut 33 I recently sampled is much better in every way. Perhaps if you skin chemistry is such that it really "eats up" fragrances this might work for you, if you apply it in a reasonable way. I see no attraction to the aficionado of "fine fragrance," unless you want to "go slumming" once in a while. If you don't know any better and have very limited money to spend, I suggest the original Lomani fragrance for men instead (if you want something similar but much better).

My original review of April 6, 2008: Possibly a minimal application would lessen the unpleasantness, but I tried some that a relative owns, because I don't want to be a snob, but it smelled like an attempt at a new candy flavoring that went horribly wrong. I probably put too much on (back of hand) by accident (I thought it had a small hole on top, like the one I had when I was young), and it was like olfactory torture. Got to give this a negative, based upon the fact that I couldn't wash it off and tone it down, even after trying several times.

06 April, 2008 (Last Edited: 20th March, 2011)