Zut's avatar

Alada by Myrurgia

A friend bought me a bottle of Alada in 1982 and I don't believe I have used it more than three or four times. I still keep the almost full bottle as a curiosity item. Some fragrances are unmistakenly feminine, some are typically masculine and some others are suitable for both sexes. I think Alada belongs to none of the above as nonsensical as it may seem! It is a little too wispy and flowery to be worn by a man and too "aftershave-like" to be worn by a woman. It's staying power is not great either. I cannot say I truly "hate" the fragrance. It is just too nondescript for my taste. I love perfumes with strong personalities. Alada does not qualify as a distinctive fragrance as far as I am concerned. Too bad... I really wanted to like it.

25 March, 2011