Aiona's avatar
    Aiona

Rose Poivrée by Different Company

I'm pretty sure I tried the reformulated (less civet) version of Rose Poivree. I had just tried Fredrick Malle's Une Rose, the day before I tried Rose Poivree, so Une Rose was still ringing in my olfactory bulbs (massive sillage). So keep in mind, my comparison.

Rose Poivree seemed less in-your-face as Une Rose. Sharp roses in the opening, and then it calmed down to a cumin and rose scent. Much like Rose 31 by Le Labo, but minus the incense/cedar/doughy smell. It's a nice quiet scent (compared to Une Rose). The cumin didn't smell weird. I don't smell the pepper, that is in its name. Just cumin and roses, and a sweet creamy drydown.

Longevity was not great on me. I sprayed it on in the morning, and by lunch hour, I'd almost forgotten it was there, it was so light. Either that, or I suffered from olfactory fatigue. However, there are some other rose scents that seem to last forever on me (Une Rose, Rose 31, to name a few).

Edit: Someone informed me that Rose Poivree has not been reformulated. In that case, I really don't get a lot of civet out of it. :)

09 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2011)