argogos's avatar

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

I find it to be much more like Pure Malt than Pure Malt was like Pure Coffee. In fact, they are so similar in feel that I'm not sure I would have noticed a difference if I wasn't doing a side by side test. Frankly, the slight difference could be likened to the nuances between an EDP and and EDT. Having said that, I prefer the Pure Havane over the Pure Malt. That sweet, earthy Kentucky Blend works so well with the base frag that it makes seamless transitions. Where the Pure Malt has a harsher, more synthetic feel on me, the Pure Havane is a softer, multilayered, natural experience. As they dry down, the difference is more noticeable. Pure Havane maintains the strong base feel but the general impression is softer and sweeter than with the PM. I don't mean to imply that I dislike Pure Malt. I have really enjoyed it; I simply think that Pure Havane has superseded it. I see myself thinking of these as virtually the fragrance in terms of under what circumstances I would use them; casual/professional, or upscale/outdoor event. I will be inclined to use the Pure Havane in the Spring and Summer and the Pure Malt in the Fall and Winter. For the record, Pure Coffee is my fave of the limiteds then Sunessence Summer Storm, Pure Havane, and Pure Malt.

26 March, 2011