mikeperez23's avatar

Bazaar by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

As a fan of spice dominant scents and orientals, I was expecting to like this and I do. But unlike some of the more sharp and biting spice bombs I own (L' Eau by Diptyque, White by CdG, Splash Forte by IUNX) or the full on orientals (Opium, Shalimar, you-know-what-I'm-talking-about) Bazaar mixes the spices with an equally solid woody and resinous aura.

Underneath both of the spices and wood is a third element, that is hard to describe: aged, aroma-therapeutic, ancient, holistic. I am not sure if this is due to the base that Profumo.it uses, or perhaps the natural essences that make up the fragrances - whatever it is, I love the way it smells and the overall impression it yields: one of relaxation and a zen-like serenity.

Longevity issues are nonexistent when over applied. In addition, there is very little sweetness to the scent, so I can comfortably wear it all year round.

Fans of Mecca Balsam, also by Profumo.it, owe it to themselves to try Bazaar also. It is just as good, if not better.

05 April, 2011