TwoWordReviews's avatar
    TwoWordReviews

Ambre Précieux by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Disappearing. Powdery.

I wanted to like this one far more than I actually do. Not only had I read the many glowing reviews but it smelled utterly to-die-for from the sample vial. But then it hit my skin. And vanished.

However, while it vanished quite literally within minutes it did leave a trace. Of powder. Just powder. Perhaps it's my body chemistry's reaction to amber because Montale's Blue Amber quickly becomes a powder fragrance on my skin as well. In fact the two smell remarkably similar on me, even though completely different from the bottle/vial. However, Blue Amber lasts and lasts and projects all the while, but Ambre Precieux essentially disappears.

I wish I could get what others get from this, but I don't. It's an all-too-brief whiff of delicious rich amber and then immediately becomes powder that you have to get within inches of to smell. Sadly, I can't recommend this.

04 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 14 April, 2011)