Lovescully's avatar
    Lovescully

Baldessarini Del Mar by Baldessarini

Del Mar Baldessarini is meant to evoke the more mature man exploring the world’s oceans and holiday destinations. Does it deliver on that? The answer in mind is sort of.

Despite the ‘oceans’ reference, it’s not at all what I would call an aquatic style of fragrance (a good thing in my opinion – far too many of these out there already!). It’s still fresh, but slightly woody and a little bit spicy. It definitely feels more mature than say your run of the mill Calvin Klein, but it’s not ‘old’ smelling at all.

I feel that as the different Del Mar Editions were released in subsequent years, the Baldessarini line got better at evoking the sort of image they had originally intended with this release.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like this, but I will probably not re-purchase this over Seychelles or Marbella editions. Sillage and longevity are average.

For what it’s worth my personal order of preference for the Del Mar line goes:

1. Del Mar Seychelles – 5/5