Bigsly's avatar

Acqua di Parma Lavanda Tonica by Acqua di Parma

I'll just speak to the drydown here, which is very soft, with nothing resembling a "sharp edge." It reminds me of a lighter, softer version of the original Comme des Garcons perfume, with a nice assortment of spices and a kind of soapy, candle wax quality to it. It's natural smelling and has no flaws, though I can't speak to everyone's skin chemistry (especially involving the supposed lack of longevity). Clearly, there is lavender present, but it's neither the sweet "barbershop fougere" type nor the sharp, dry erbaceous type. Longevity is at least good, but the projection/"sillage" is moderate at best, once you get to the drydown. While it doesn't have the level of complexity and note separation that I prefer, I could imagine myself using it as a change of pace every couple of months.

21st April, 2011