FumeHood's avatar

Brazil Brazil

1969 Parfum de Révolte by Histoires de Parfums

I purchased this in the wrong season after doing a full testing of the Histoires line, and have kept it hiddent away through the European Fall and Winter. With the Spring, it has emerged and it is exactly what I would imagine it to be in this new climate:

Hippy-Sweet Sunshine in a bottle. Only the initial fruit-bomb of synthetic peach kind of makes me question what is to come, but it blends nicely within 5 minutes. I hope it will not be cloying and overly-synthetic after an hour or so of wear when the humidity really kicks in - ironically the same warm, sticky weather that it so perfectly tries to capture in its beachy sexiness. But still good if you dare to venture into sweet, summery territory with a margarita or caipirinha in hand. Unlike a review I read of this in the LT/TS guide... I find the fruit and vanilla opening to last forever, with the awaited base of softer coffee, white musc, and patchouli to be barely perceptible. No need to "replay" this opening... it lasts and lasts.

Probably a good candidate for a summer scent in high rotation in 2011, alongside Noir Patchouli from the same house (which is not nearly as Noir as its name suggests, and all the better for it). I'm traveling a lot in the coming months, so adobting the backpacker vibe, and open to all things trashy and festive, will put me in the spirit of warmer things to come.

22 April, 2011