blood-orange's avatar

Burberry London by Burberry

Very rarely do I test a fragrance and feel the sudden urge to buy it right then and there without letting it develop fully on my skin. However, London was almost an exception.

London is such a delicate and pretty floral scent. Not only is the fragrance beautiful when you first apply, but it continues its heavenly scent right until the very end. There is nothing to dislike about this fragrance.

It has a classic-like smell, possibly because of the rose and jasmine notes, however this is in no way an 'old lady' perfume. The scent is soft, feminine, youthful and elegant.

I wouldn't describe London as being outrageously sexual or provocative, because it definitely is none of those. Burberry scents are what I refer to as 'comfort scents', fragrances that you can feel comfortable wearing during the daytime, around the house, on a picnic or simply relaxing. I love that laid-back approach they have when creating their scents.

Although I have never been to London, I believe this fragrance has captured the beauty and history that makes London so special. The fragrance is also suited to England's cold climate with its ability to create warmth and uplift your spirits on a cold winter's day.

Although I resisted the urge to purchase this fragrance the other day, it will definitely stayed fixed in my wishlist until I buy it, which will probably be very soon.

27th April, 2011