Lovescully's avatar

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

I bought a large bottle of this untried and at whim when I saw it on sale for under $20. I had recalled some of the great reviews on-line and couldn’t resist the very retro dark faux marble and gold bottle.

Little did I realise what was about to unfold…… this fragrance just about blew my head off!

Although the drydown is sublime in its nature, unfortunately, the top notes are just far too abrasive for me. I know that each nose is different and we all have our own olfactory preferences, but I’m not kidding when I say that the first blast was like my nostrils had been assaulted by some kind of hot, spicy, almost poisonous gas!

I had been forewarned about its strength, so I was careful not to over-apply. One spray on each wrist and one on my chest was all it took to completely overwhelm me. Initially, I was tempted to run to the shower and immediately wash the whole lot off, but then I decided to give this classic its fair due and see where this assault would lead.

The very strong abrasive notes lasted a good 2 – 3 hours before the whole thing started to calm down. About 4 – 5 hours later, I was enveloped in a gorgeous & entrancing herbal sweet musk. Unfortunately, by this time I was far too olfactorily (is that a word?) exhausted that I couldn’t enjoy it as I’m sure it was intended. When I awoke the next morning, I could still clearly detect the herbal musky drydown; this is some 14 hours after a 3 spray application!

I can certainly see that some guys could pull this off and enjoy it too, but I guess I’m just not courageous enough to endure the almost 4 hour assault on my senses, before the drydown.

28 April, 2011