blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Madison Square Park by Bond No. 9

I don't know what I was expecting from Madison Square Park, but I must admit that I'd thought it'd be a lot softer and more floral.

First things first, this fragrance hates my skin chemistry, it turns this fragrance into a sour berries and off-juice nightmare that gives me a crazy headache. Thankfully on paper it smells a hell of a lot better.

The opening is rich blueberries, not unlike John Galliano's new fragrance Parlez-Moi d'Amour. It kind of smells a little bit like an Escada release as well, especially with all those berry top notes and fizzy peach.

As the fragrance settles, a sweet and freshly mowed lawn scent comes to the fore, with a hint of roses and tulips, like you'd expect to smell in a bouquet from your lover. Unfortunately I don't get this beautiful blend on my skin.

I noted that it was quite a strong fragrance with a heck of a lot of fruits and flowers. It's a little too much for my poor little nose, although I do seem to enjoy the fresh rose note drizzled with berry syrup. I do believe that if this was applied with a light hand, it could be so much more appealing.

While I don't dislike it, I'm not a fan either. It just doesn't suit my tastes, and has presented itself as not agreeing with my chemistry, which usually suits most fragrances. I think I prefer Bond No.9's darker, more masculine offerings, like West Side for example. Please do test this fragrance before you buy.

01st May, 2011