Lovescully's avatar

A*Men Pure Coffee by Thierry Mugler

I didn't like this nearly as much as I had anticipated. I really adore the smell of coffee, but I like it black and strong. This on the other hand smells much more like a sweet milky coffee latte'.

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer BMen over AMen. It's darker and less sweet. I think that's what I was hoping for with this. A rich, dark and true coffee smell, with a hint of AMen. Unfortunately, here in Australia there's no opportunity to test flankers like this as they rarely even get sold here. If I really wanted it (& I did) I was left with little choice but to blind buy this based on the mostly positive reviews.

Don't get me wrong it's a pleasant enough smell, but not nearly worth the money I paid to track this down and finally get my hands on a full bottle. Longevity and sillage seem to be an issue as well. The actual sweet coffee note doesn't last too long and overall I really couldn't detect much more than a skin scent after a few hours.

Not deserving of a thumbs down, but doesn't quite get there for me to give it a thumbs up.

07th May, 2011