Kalynne's avatar

Absolue Pour Le Soir by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

I've been so curious about this scent, I'm a fan of Francis. I was just offered a sample and the same night...OMG! I tried it just before bed. The scent woke me a few times. It was as though a perpetually unwashed person, sprinkled some of my perfume on and got into my bed...disturbing! Once I woke up, put my bedding into the wash, I did notice it was much more mellow and sweet. If I appreciated civet, I would be happy with the scent after 3-5 hours! With that said, it's actually quite interesting. After reading the book Perfume, I wondered what people must have smelled like since people didn't bathe often. I think this scent is a representation of the animal scent we scrub off with the addition of a fragrance. I think this would be a hard scent to wear in public. I think I'll just keep to my Lumiere Noire pour fem.

10th May, 2011