alfarom's avatar

Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Please everybody forgive me but I don't get any fecal, sweat, rancid, camel, disgusting kind of things here. It's surely not a clean musc in the opening and can be quite challenging to someone (a lot of civet and castoreum) but it's awesome. This is MUSC as it should be (at least IMO). Not too rough or rude but neither polite and absolutely fascinating. Maybe it's because I generally don't like white muscs but I can't find a single weird thing in MKK. I simply like it from the beginning to the very end. Unfortunately I don't know many people who would wear Muscs Koublai Khan on a regular basis and if I'll ever meet one I'll make averything is possible to become at least friends. In the drydown it turns to be a bit cleaner and sweet with an animalic note (civet) that make sure that the scent doesn't get too polite. I don't see any particular complexity here but a magistrally and superbly crafted "kinda rough" musc. And really, I don't understand the post-coitum / orgiastic thing. If you smell like this after you had sex I'm Koublai Khan.

May 2011
    After several full wearings I started to detect the infamous "fecal note". It's there, lurking in the back, scary and threatening but it's part of MKK's incredible charme.

13 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 21st May, 2011)