carlos-uk's avatar

Patchouli by Molinard

Thought I'd reviewed this but is seems not.

OK, so, as the name suggests.....PATCHOULI!!!!! Molinard list the Pyramid as

Neroli, Orange, Geranium
    Patchouli
    Musc, Santal, Vanilla

I would hazard a guess you will be hard pushed to pick most of those notes out however. I believe their real purpose is just to take the edge of the heaviness of the main ingredient to make it palatable. This is heavy, moody stuff but in a proud, wafting sort of way. Rest assured, it does waft! It also makes you appreciate something like Givenchy Gentleman which I've never really liked but having worn the Molinard, I can understand the Givenchy better.

I rather like this though I can't comment about head shops and such. I do my shopping online. After all, why have a Dog and bark yourself?

If you're a Patchouli nut, you can't go wrong with this, it positively reeks of it. I would say though, as a personal preference, it's a very warm fragrance and probably better suited to cold weather. A bit like a good Brandy warms the throat, the Molinard has a warming effect...if that makes any sense.

Spray, be proud and enjoy!

24th May, 2011