jcastano's avatar

Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

I dont' care what anyone hating on A&F Fierce says! I absolutely love this cologne! Imagine what a cologne would smell like if Curve by Liz Claiborne and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste had a baby. That's A&F Fierce! Yes it's youthful, yes it's common, yes it's banal, yes it's a "mall scent" but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a modern day classic, at least for me.
    The opening has a citrusy mossy accord that remains throughout the fragrance life, however, you don't actually smell any heavy citrus as say the scent of a lemon or an orange. It's not sweet nor tart by any means but rather just bares those tendencies of citrus without actually smelling as though. It's hard to explain. The heart notes, well, to be honest, I don't get much of the heart notes on my skin. On me, it just transitions from the top to the base. As the drydown becomes more prominent, the light musk and hint of amber remain under the dominant/heavy woody notes along with the untart/unsweetened citrus moss. It's quite beautiful and by far the woodiest fragrance I've ever smelled and also the sharpest wood fragrance I've ever smelled.
    As far as projection and longevity go, both are way above average and the compliments speak for itself and though it doesn't cost cheap, you're definitely paying for quality, trust me. If I had a dime for the many compliments I've received from this, well, I'd be a millionaire! Anyone from an adolescent to an adult up to the age of 35 can pull this off, even though I don't think anyone over 25 would try this out and it's a darn shame! Maybe the fact that all the teens wearing this do not understand the concept of over applying cologne that has ruined this scent for you, or maybe it's the fact that whenever you pass by an A&F store, the scent of this cologne is blaring out of the entrance way. Whatever your reason, if not admissibly justified, it's at least worth the try. Spritz your hand, walk around, and see what you might think of it then. You might be surprised! Overall rating from me, A- Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 25 May, 2011)