cello's avatar

Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke

This is a soft, subtle floral fragrance. The osmanthus is there from the start to set the stage, and I have no idea what "angels trumpet" smells like per the notes. But I do get a soft osmanthus based floral which gains some unmph from a very prominent cinnamon note. I love cinnamon! and it was very smooth and well integrated. As the drydown approaches this fragrance gets richer, and almost ends up with a soft incense smell. Midnight candy, leather and woods are the final base notes listed - but I just smell a soft incense floral. I would have liked a more forceful ending, but there is a faint suede, gold smell that brings this to a close.
    Overall, soft floral with spices, with the whole affair getting a nice, rich ending - but still fairly faint to me. I do think it matches it's name, as it does have a gold tinge to it, and was certainly interesting throughout.

26th May, 2011