subhuman85's avatar
    subhuman85

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

I should have known better than to get my hopes up for Pure Havane - cigar smoke is one of my favorite smells on the planet, and a mainstream brand like Mugler couldn't hope to satisfy my carcinogenic fragrance cravings. But I have to sheepishly admit it's rather nice for what it is, and a refreshing change of pace from the FRESHY FRESH FRESHNESS of this year's pre-summer releases. A whiff of tobacco and honey on a hot day never hurt anybody, and when it's cushioned on A*Men's familiar bed of creamy, patchoulified caramel, who can complain? Not worlds apart from Pure Malt, but an improvement nonetheless, being smokier, sultrier, and slightly more dignified. (I never got on board with Malt's candied take on cereal grains and - yeah, right - scotch whisky.)

A nice effort. Now can we have Pure Coffee back?

31st May, 2011