df91's avatar

Finland Finland

Boss Spirit by Hugo Boss

I used this first back in 1994 when i purchased both 100ML EDT and aftershave for a bargain price. I liked this fragrance a lot but later around a couple of years later moved on to use more sweet (gourmand) fragrances, and was so stupid that threw these 2 half-used bottles of Boss Spirit away! Sometimes around 1995 this was discontinued.

I just re-discovered this sleeping jewel and managed to purchase an EDT bottle on eBay. I feel like heaven and use this nearly daily! It gets me back to the 1994 that was a great and very special year for me as i met my spouse back then.

The smell is dry, crisp, quite linear, dark, heavy and masculine. If i were blond, i wouldn't use this. Somehow i just can't picture this on a blond haired person, this is a dark man's scent. Is easily overdozed, for me 3 sprays are enough: 1 spray to the chest, one to neck, one to the wrist. This is the only BOSS scent i like (unless Baldessarinis are counted). This is quite potent and because of the better-than-average sillage you'l definately be noticed when wearing this one. You surely will get compliments as well.

31st May, 2011