blood-orange's avatar

In Control Curious by Britney Spears

I have quite often stated that this fragrance is the one scent that I do not like from Britney's fragrance line, however since trying it again, my opinions have somewhat changed.

Although I will not be adding In Control: Curious to my existing Britney collection, I do appreciate this scent.

The fragrance opens with a rich, slightly sweet, cake-like scent. It reminds me of those exquisite Italian cakes that you buy fresh from the bakery, with the cream oozing from the middle and the aroma of the chocolatey goodness and the strong liquer filling the room.

Seconds later you are met with a fruity punch, almost like a bowl of fruit salad. The fruits are there throughout the drydown with subtle hints of vanilla and caramel every now and then.

This fragrance isn't soft and light like Curious, and definitely not as sweet as Fantasy. It's somewhere in between.

It's a somewhat mysterious fragrance, however I wouldn't call it sexy. Flirtatious in nature and incredibly girly, I can see this fragrance appealing to many. In Control: Curious, like her other fragrance Believe, can be worn by any woman of any age, it's versatile enough to do so.

I'm not sure what it is that stops me from falling in love with this fragrance, I think it might have something to do with its dominant fruity notes not blending well with my skin chemistry. With that being said, it's hard not to be impressed by Britney's fragrance line. She has put her name to many great and popular scents, this fragrance not being an exception

03rd June, 2011