blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Intuition by Estée Lauder

I've never really been a fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, I always found them to smell slightly odd to my nose, however Intuition surprised me to say the least.

I really enjoyed the citrusy opening which was refreshing and instantly reminded me of Summer. I just loved the way the lemon, grapefruit and bergamot blended so well together creating a scent that was sweet and lively.

Unfortunately it is scents with these citrusy openings that never blend well with my skin chemistry, and sure enough this beautiful scent turned to rotten grapefruit when I wore it.

Despite the fact that this fragrance and I are not meant to be, I still admire this scent when worn by other people.

The heart of Intuition becomes a soft and somewhat powdery floral blend, which is absolutely gorgeous. The rose note is an absolute standout and it gives this fragrance that classy, feminine touch. I'll also agree with the other reviewers here that sensed a vanilla note in Intuition, it is certainly present for my nose as well, particularly in the drydown.

I actually adore the bottle design of Intuition, which is surprising because I very rarely pay attention to a fragrance's packaging. The oval shaped bottle with the slightly off-centre, abstract cap is clearly something you would take pride in displaying on your dresser.

The lasting strength was great on other people, however on myself, not only did it smell off but it also didn't last. I do urge you not to do a blind purchase on this fragrance because you may end up with the same results as me. Apart from that this fragrance is a crisp, pleasant and casual scent which I highly recommend.

04 June, 2011