blood-orange's avatar

Envy Me by Gucci

This is the second time I've tried this scent, and to put it nicely, I really dislike Envy Me.

In my opinion, it doesn't smell like something I'd imagine Gucci producing. It smells quite cheap and sour. It is in no way original and it's something I'd expect to find in a cheap drugstore, not listed under a famous brandname with an expensive price tag.

The strong opening of pineapple, peony, mango and pink pepper put me right off. These notes never seem to blend well, and in general I'm not usually a fan of pineapple in perfumes to start with.

I was hoping that the heart would be much more pleasant and interesting, but unfortunately the pomegranate and green tea took over and faded out a lot of the softer more delicate notes like the jasmine, rose and musk.

During the drydown I began to smell some improvement, however by that stage I'd already decided that Envy Me wasn't my cup of tea.

For people that honestly enjoy fruity scents, this could be for you. If I had to pick fragrances that I found similar to Envy Me I'd say, Paris Hilton and Baby Doll by YSL.

04 June, 2011