blood-orange's avatar

Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

I really do enjoy wearing Salvatore Ferragamo. It's certainly a different type of fragrance, not your typical fruity scent. It is much more complex than most other perfumes I've tried.

Firstly, I will review this fragrance by describing how it smells on paper and on my skin, because they both differ considerably.

On paper Salvatore Ferragamo begins as a soft, almost soapy and refreshing blend of grapefruit, green notes, black currant and bergamot. However on my skin the spices are much more prominent and I can clearly smell the pepper, coconut and anise.

The middle notes are so beautiful, flowery and sweet on both skin and paper. The rose note is delicate and fresh, while the spices mantain that unique balance in the opening. At this point I much prefer the fragrance when worn on the skin because it has much more 'oomph' and character than on paper.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a very classy scent, which is a truly hard to find characteristic in most fruity fragrances these days.

Salvatore Ferragamo is sure to impress, captivate and be complimented this Summer, so I urge anyone to try this amazing scent.

04th June, 2011