blood-orange's avatar

Hypn˘se by Lanc˘me

This is one vanilla-based fragrance which I find utterly breath-taking.

Hypnose is yummy and sweet without being overwhelming. This has no where near the same strength as Fantasy or Pink Sugar, to my nose this is light and much more grown up.

This is spicy, but only mildly so. Hypnose is mostly soft and slightly powdery vanilla, jasmine, passion flower, vetiver and bergamot.

I find this fragrance to be one of those scents that smell better on the skin rather than paper. On the skin it becomes very warm and soft, however on paper it can be rather sharp.

The lasting strength and sillage are good, but I must advise you all that this fragrance should not be over-applied. Hypnose would make a lovely fragrance for the colder months and special occasions, however I would wear this casually myself.

15 June, 2011