blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Idole d'Armani by Giorgio Armani

I'm on the fence with this fragrance. While Idole d'Armani is a pleasant floral, I can't say that I've warmed to the fruity undertones. It's almost juicy-floral quality is very foreign to my nose, however I do appreciate its uniqueness.

I like how the ginger and saffron give Idole d'Armani a spicy and rather sensual feel. While the top notes of clementine and pear didn't sit right with me, the ginger made the experience a pleasant one.

The heart is again very interesting with notes of rose, jasmine and saffron creating a rich, spicy floral combination, somewhat comparable to Agent Provocateur, just not as heady and strong.

My favourite part was the drydown which was simplistic yet comforting. The vetiver is smooth and feminine and I can also detect two other notes which I assume to be vanilla and musk which give Idole d'Armani a slightly sweet conclusion.

Overall, the lasting power was not bad at all, however the sillage was actually quite light, a lot lighter than I expected. I think Idole d'Armani is certainly an enjoyable scent, just not for me.

15 June, 2011