MrJones's avatar

A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

It's all in the name: Pure Havane.

I've never wrote a review on basenotes before, but this fragrance is SO good I just have to add a thumbs up.
    If you like Gourmands then this is for you. It opens with a silky, luxurious tobacco note and slowly dries in to a gorgeous honey/tobacco/vanilla creaminess.
    Longevity is fantastic for me, easily 12+ hours.
    I find myself putting it on the back of my hand just so I can smell it through the day, If that's not a good thing then I don't know what is...

I have to add that I never got the cacao note, but that was because I never waited long enough. 20 hours after application I found myself smelling what I thought was a completely different fragrance, I get the bitter cacao so clearly now. It's not very often that a fragrance delivers on every single one of it's pyramid notes, but this really does.

15 June, 2011 (Last Edited: 16 June, 2011)