KillerScent's avatar

Bel Ami by Hermès

Another disappointment .
    WHERE IS THE LEATHER? where? Luca Turin puts this fragrance in the list of the best leathers .That means that the main and dominant note of these fragrances must be leather.
    But all I get from this fragrance is the typical OLD SCHOOL smell, suitable for your grandfather .
    Apart from this , Bel Ami is hard to find in stores and it's very expensive; poor longevity and projection .
    BEL AMI is an incredible novel written by Guy de Maupassant, about a character, George Duroy, who has a great sex appeal with women and who gets what he wants in life .I thought that the fragrance would have the same "strenght" as George , but it has nothing to do.
    I am basing my review on the latest reformulation, I hope the old one is much better than this .

29 June, 2011