pansylady's avatar

Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

I sampled this fragrance on a sunny February morning in Stockholm, as I was just beginning to recover from a case of winter bronchitis that had me home-bound and unable to smell anything for a few weeks-

Wow, I felt as if I had been given an injection of some kind of feel-good mega-vitamin! The sheer exuberance of this orange blossom powerhouse was definitely what the doctor ordered!

As the cumin notes began to make their presence known, though, I got a bit of a locker-room vibe- incredibly animalic, almost embarassingly so- I was glad that I wasn't in a roomful of strangers or on a crowded Metro...

Having recently tried other orange blossom fragrances by Prada and L'Artisan, Fleurs d'Oranger definitely stood head and shoulders above the other two for power and originality- but this fragrance seems built for seduction rather than for everyday use-

25 July, 2011