sherapop's avatar

Deci Delà by Nina Ricci

I'm not surprised that DECI DELA was discontinued, because it is a very confusing composition. The opening offers a waft of chemical-smelling solvent which would no doubt turn off lots of people. However, patience pays off in this case, as the drydown of this fruity chypre is delightful. Similar in some ways to other perfumes in this cateogry, including YVRESSE and Rochas FEMME, DECI DELA has a distinctive raspberry note which brings it closest of all, according to my nose, to Bond no 9 BRYANT PARK. The primary difference between the Nina Ricci and the Bond is that the latter is significantly sweeter than the former, with raspberry becoming a focal note (along with rhubarb, which is not present in DECI DELA at all), although it is still ensconced in a gorgeous modern chypre.

I have the eau de toilette and the eau de toilette concentree of DECI DELA, and I really enjoy both and find that the longevity and sillage are quite good even in the edt. Whenever I wear this perfume, I find myself remarking at some point during the drydown how lovely I smell. (-: But I do aver that the opening could be a real turn off. I would recommend BRYANT PARK to those who like the general idea and aesthetic of DECI DELA but wish to skip the solventy opening.

27th July, 2011