bebang's avatar

Samsara by Guerlain

When I travel I go east because I find the cultures older, more sophisticated, controversial and compelling. Samsara evokes those deep summer nights filled with the sound of crickets, incense burning in little shrines, earth like a warm skin, ripe mangoes and sandalwood smoke.

Samsara is walking through a Balinese paddy field, the old streets of Kochy in Kerala, around the tea plantations in the hills of Sri Lanka.

Jean Paul Guerlain knew what he was doing, creating a scent that takes you back to the last days of those journeys and the memories they leave on your skin.

PS - Samsara was my first Guerlain, but after dipping in to Jicky, Mitsouko and Shalimar I have to admit that it pales a little in comparison... perhaps it's an indication of our world becoming more predictable and a little safer. A beautiful place to be at times, nevertheless.

01st July, 2011 (Last Edited: 30th July, 2011)