Late-Hit's avatar

Bijan for Men by Bijan

If the dates shown on the Bijan page are correct, this is actually the oldest of all the Bijan fragrances. In my opinion, it is also the best. Along with vintage English Leather, Bijan for Men is one of my all-time go-to favorites. I always have a bottle handy.

Now... Is it a powerhouse? I don't think so. It is an ample scent, and appropriately concentrated. In other words, you only need two or three squirts. However, I have also found that if more is applied, the scent just gets "bigger". It does not morph into something harsh, unpleasant or offensive.

In terms of scent, I get rosemary, nutmeg and patchouli above all else, with the usual male aromatic fougere bits and pieces lurking in the background. The notes shown in the pyramid on this page are probably among the truest I have ever seen. Overall, the effect is dry, fairly simple, very linear, and nearly unique. The bottle is interesting, too.

A good scent for an older guy, or somone younger who wants to project maturity.

31st July, 2011