TeeTee's avatar
    TeeTee
    Nigeria Nigeria

Nymphéa by Il Profumo

This is a nice soft scent for jasmine lovers and can also serve as an introductory white floral scent. The jasmine overpowers all the other notes from the first spritz. They become a wee bit more present in the dry down but the jasmine remains front and center all the way. I do smell something like patchouli in the dry down. It is not a listed note so perhaps it is a result of an interaction of some of the other notes. This is not aquatic to me which might be why I am giving it a neutral lol! To me it is a nice soft floral. I do not detect any aquatic or marine facets whatsoever.

If you only enjoy white florals from a distance because you find them too much up close, you will likely enjoy this one because it has been stripped of the monstrous sillage and wears closer to the skin than most jasmine scents. It is also softer and airier which makes it less offensive than the richer, sharper and denser jasmines on the market. It has average to low sillage as noted above and the longevity is about 12+ hours on me. If I was ever in need of a lovely soft inoffensive jasmine scent, this will fit the bill :).

31st July, 2011