frankiemac28's avatar

Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Danced around this for a long time before buying as I was drawn into the allure by such juxtaposed comments on it. Seems to be amongst the most revered and most hated in the comments made in Reviews. Having previously purchased Un Cedre I surmised I'd like it because I liked Lutens tubereuse tack on that.
    TC is however a very different beast. Where I had to sell-on Un Cedre due to it being a bit too feminine for a guy, IMO this is to me immensely more suitable for a man to wear. The opening medicinal note that so many seem to hate is the element that lends it's masculinity. I'm no wallflower and could care less about what others thoughts on my fragrance are, but I'd be fibbing if I said I didn't think some fragrances are just a bit too feminine for a guy. (JilSander No 4 and Une Rose are personal favourites in this vein).
    For all you guys out there Tubereuse Criminelle is a real winner. NEVER had as many good comments about any of the myriad things I've previously flaunted.
    Odd, initially heavy, alluring, very classy (in the A di P Colonia and Fleur de TRB vein) but soft, understated and subtle when it settles. Buy it now. If you ever get to Heaven this is what they'll be wearing.
    Unfortunately.......Serge is not paying me to say this. Honest. lol

08th August, 2011