Indie_Guy's avatar
    Indie_Guy

Cerruti Image Fresh Energy by Cerruti

I like this!

A couple years ago I was doing a quick "fly-by" of the Marshalls bargain bin fragrances and I saw this-- it was super cheap, but I'd have to buy it blind. To be honest, I never really thought Image was anything special (and it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth after a few years of relative popularity-- it reminded me a lot of Azzaro Chrome, which is another scent that bores me).

OK, on to this one. I had to run some errands today and I hit myself a few times with Image Fresh Energy before leaving the house. First off, the bottle is tasteful and relaxed looking. The actual nozzle mechanism is one of the coolest-- you depress the lever on the top, which leans sideways to the right and the juice sprays out the left side. It's a very satisfying design.

As to the juice. As with the original Image, this one is very SOFT. I think that's one of the reasons I sometimes thought of it as boring. It has no sharp edges, but it's just gentle, relaxing and cool-- like some soap I used in childhood. As I was doing my errands I kept picking up random whiffs of something amazing, but I didn't think it was me. Finally after smelling this fruity, sweet almost plummy accord in three separate locations throughout the day, I realized that it was definitely from the Image Fresh Energy. Yes, there is something narcotic in there that tickles me like Versace's The Dreamer and Lagerfeld's JAKO (another underrated gem).

This is a very green, mild scent-- and where some scents seem to quicken my pulse and make me hyper-- despite this having the word "Energy" in the name-- I find this to be a very, very relaxing fragrance to wear. It actually calms me down a bit from my usual high-strung state to where I can actually focus and be productive.

Cerruti Image Fresh Energy is not a scent that is ever going to set the fragrance world on fire, but if you have a chance to try it-- or even get it blind at a low price, go for it. It makes a very nice "vacation" scent for those days when you want something a bit low-key and laid back, yet very nice smelling.

Very nice stuff!