miss mills's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

True Star by Tommy Hilfiger

I picked a bottle of this up on a whim and I don't regret it for a minute! I was browsing a TH sale, bypassed Tommy Girl which honestly, I find a little noxious and always end up with a headache when I try to wear it (though it smells great on some people) and was ready to feel similarly about True Star but to my surprise it was a completely different beast.

Shades of Issey Miyake but less instantly recognisable (but by no means less special), an advantage in my opinion, it is subtle, sensuous in a light, complex (but not astringent or ascerbic, as many complex fragrances seem to be) way.

For me, this one is about as good as it gets if you want a light fragrance that still has personality- understated, watery & softly oriental yet hints at depth (deep water?). Lovely. BIG thumbs up! Perfect for work.

18 July, 2010 (Last Edited: 01st September, 2011)