sherapop's avatar

De Bachmakov by Different Company

Tarragon. That's what I thought that I was detecting upon initial application of The Different Company DE BACHMAKOV. Shiso leaves appear to be the note which imparts wafts of that particular, familiar greenish scent to this fine perfume.

I am reminded vaguely of Isabella Rossellini MANIFESTO, which has a similar overall aesthetic, but unfortunately is fatally marred by its probably entirely synthetic--and to me poisonous--components. I owned MANIFESTO for about a decade and finally swapped it away because I found it utterly unwearable. DE BACHMAKOV offers an excellent example of why people turn to niche perfume: no poison here whatsoever, just a pleasing blend of green notes, wood, light spices and light woods, which conspire to produce a truly enjoyable composition perfect for summer and spring.

I recommend this composition to guys and gals alike who appreciate a very natural-smelling clean and green cologne. Simple yet satisfying.

04 September, 2011