blood-orange's avatar

Chic by Carolina Herrera

I love my white florals, but only when they've been composed well, which is quite rare unfortunately.

I really wanted Chic to be amazing. I wanted a creamy, modern white floral with a feminine touch. Unfortunately Chic didn't meet my expectations.

Although not listed here, there is a very strong lemon note throughout the composition that tends to smoother the jasmine, tuberose, freesia and vanilla.

The opening is very sharp, acidic and almost plasticy. When it dries down it is nothing spectacular. A simple, rather generic white floral in my opinion, with a strange, lemon detergent finish.

Some may love this scent, however I have experienced better white florals which have marred Chic by Carolina Herrera for me. Unfortunately I find this fragrance cheap and predictable.

The lasting power is so-so. In terms of sillage, it is very strong for the first few hours, however shortly after the scent is barely detectable. Chic just didn't live up to my special expectations.

04 September, 2011