LadyDragonFire's avatar

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

An old friend of mine told me she thought this is one of the best men's fragrances she has ever smelled, so naturally I was curious and wanted to try it. :) I suspect she meant it was one of the best fragrances for a guy, but lately I've been experimenting with some masculine and unisex fragrances so it seemed like a good time to try this. :)
    I am really glad I got a sample, because I agree with my friend 100%. This is definitely one of the nicest masculine fragrances I have ever smelled. I also agree that it reminds me of Irish Spring soap, but I've always loved Irish Spring so for me that's a good thing. I generally find that perfumes that smell like soap are highly wearable and pleasant smelling, and I honestly don't understand why some people seem to dislike them! (Unless maybe the fragrance smells like soap and it's ridiculously expensive. I can see not wanting to spend a fortune to smell like something you can buy for a lot less money.) I believe that this is a fairly inexpensive fragrance though, so I really don't have any problem with it.
    Although the scent reminds me of soap, I can also honestly say that I can differentiate some different notes in it too. I can smell the evergreen (which is really nice and not harsh at all) mixed with something that smells like mint to me but which is probably actually a combination of the lavender, thyme and sage mixed with the citrus. It comes out smelling really minty to me though. It's a really nice fresh, outdoorsy sort of fragrance. I think I would find it extremely sexy and alluring on a guy, but I would definitely wear it too. It gets a big thumbs up from me, and of course I highly recommend it! :)

16th September, 2011