sherapop's avatar

Mangiami Dopo Teatro by Hilde Soliani Profumi

Melon is a notoriously difficult note for me, so I have to give Hilde Soliani some credit for reproducing a faithful rendition of this fruit with MANGIAMI DOPO TEATRO. This fresh and juicy melon seems to be a honeydew-cantaloupe hybrid, but it is very natural smelling from start to finish. Unlike some of the melon-centric perfumes I've sniffed, this one does not rot and begin to attract flies or serve as an effective emetic.

Another one-note wonder, this member of the TEATRO series would have perhaps been livened up with a thin slice of prosciutto, but the real question is: how does this melon hang with SIPARIO (curtain)? According to some reviewers, SIPARIO is a piņa colada facsimile. According to my nose, SIPARIO includes two distinct stages: tart dextrose candy ā la Pixie Stix followed by an abrupt switch to a strong coconut-based suntan lotion scent. But even if I concede the piņa colada, I don't see how it is supposed to mesh with the melon.

Oh well.