PeteH's avatar

Invasion Barbare / SB by MDCI

OK, this stuff costs a fortune - about US$250 for a 60mL (2oz) bottle. The big question is - does the quality of the fragrance justify such a significant investment? My answer to that is an unequivocal YES.

IB's opening is enormously radiant. The first day I wore it to work, colleagues from the other side of the floor came looking for the source of the alluring fragrance that had invaded their workspace. The top notes are tenacious - they hang on for a good two hours and one can recognize their bones even after another 8 or 10 hours. Yes, there is a "white musk" accord at the base of IB, but if this is what laundry detergent smells like, then I'd like someone to tell me what brand it is, because I want to buy a giant tub of it. The muskiness is quietly sexy and retains a gentle radiance, especially (like most frags) after a little activity to raise one's body-temperature.

Of all the frags I own, IB has attracted the most attention, and the greatest number of compliments. It does cost a fortune but it will have a place in my collection for as long as they keep making it. Actually, if it's ever discontinued, I'll probably buy-up a few thousand dollars-worth so I'll never run out. Yes, dear reader and fellow fragrance aficionado, it really is that good! 10/10.

15 October, 2011