Zut's avatar
    Zut

Empreinte by Courrèges

Empreinte is one of my favourite chypre fragrances of all time. Here is the olfactive pyramid for this fragrance according to most commercial sites.

Top Notes: Peach, bergamot, coriander, artemisia, aldehydes
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, Grasse jasmine, melon, orris
    Base Notes: Amber, patchouli, oakmoss, cedarwood, sandalwood, castoreum

Strangely enough, I cannot detect either one of the top and heart notes. I most certainly get the aldehyde effect but that's about it. It seems like I directly skip to the base notes which, IMHO, are much more interesting. Some say this is a chypre floral other say chypre cuir. To me, the feel is really chypre cuir. However, instead of hard masculine leather, I get the feeling of sensuous supple suede. Empreinte is dry and can be quite intense on some women but it is never aggressive. If you are not into sweet powdery perfumes or cloying hyper-feminine flowery fragrances, you should try Empreinte.

25 October, 2011