Indie_Guy's avatar

Green Valley by Creed

This is one of the most stunning, seductive fragrances you can wear in Spring and Summer. It's so green, fresh, pure and yet very refined and expensive smelling. As others have said there is a very perceptible progression in how this scent wears over time. I love the minty, green opening. Green Valley has probably one of my favorite violet leaf notes. I've also begun to notice the creaminess of the sandalwood even in the opening. As it goes on, the patchouli/woods base takes over and I enjoy this stage just as much. The blackcurrant bud note is very pleasant and gives this scent a nice bittersweet tension. There's almost a taste of Chambord lurking in there somewhere.

This feels like a more natural, pastoral cousin of Green Irish Tweed, without all of the dihydromyrcenol. I love Green Irish Tweed, but I think Green Valley is the one with more natural good looks. Either way, they both grab attention.

14th May, 2010