• We sample, swap, buy and sell fragrances (reduce/reuse/recycle)
• We reuse shipping/packaging materials
• We're sensitive to those around us and don't overapply fragrance if it might negatively affect others
• We cook and/or garden for smell and taste
• We learn about regional scents, especially those from sources native to where we live (i.e., ocean, prairie flowers, coniferous forest, etc.)
• We cultivate appreciation of smell in others
...We use an unreal amount of packing equipment to ensure that our packages reach their destination unscathed! Oh wait, I guess that makes it a wash....
When I bike- see! eco! -I try to think about the balance of sweat vs the extra heat I am producing, how either effects the scent I am wearing. Should I be placing scent differently depending on what activity I anticipate?
Basenotes is an online guide to perfume and fragrance, featuring news, a database of fragrances, perfume glossary, fragrance forums, user reviews and more.