Usernames containing certain letters have suddenly been changed?

    Usernames containing certain letters have suddenly been changed?

    post #1 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    I, along with a lot of other users, have had my username changed, when the forum changed. My username used to be Norstrøm, and as you see, the Ø has disappeared.
    I have noticed that Rüssel is now Rssel and döfä91 (I think it was spelled lile that) is now something like df91.

    Is there a way for us to change it, or does it have to be done from the host-side of the site?

    Edit: There is also Classé, which has been shortened to Class.
    Edited by Norstrom - 5/18/13 at 1:55am
    post #2 of 16

    If this is what it's supposed to be I am very disappointed!

    Some, for me veryimportant things of my wardrobe are gone, such as: number of wearings, day of last wearing, personal ratings of scent andtheir respectivelongevity.

    Fragrance search does not exist anymore: one can only search for a scent via the name of the house: very inconvenient!

    It should be very desirable if we were keptupdated about what is going on and what we may expect!

    post #3 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NorstrmView Post

    I, along with a lot of other users, have had my username changed, when the forum changed. My username used to be Norstrøm, and as you see, the Ø has disappeared.
    I have noticed that Rüssel is now Rssel and döfä91 (I think it was spelled lile that) is now something like df91.

    Is there a way for us to change it, or does it have to be done from the host-side of the site?

    Edit: There is also Classé, which has been shortened to Class.


    You're right Norstrøm my username döfä91 has turned to read df91. It's not a big deal but i wish it will be back some day like it was. It seems it's the problem with all umlauts.

    post #4 of 16

    There's some info. in this section about it being in hand - should be sorted out soon hopefully.

    post #5 of 16

    Just a simple character encoding issue. I'm sure they will set it to unicode very soon. Shouldn't be a problem. Names in the database should still be fine - just garbled in the UI.

    post #6 of 16

    I was getting garbled characters for accents and non-English letters. Changed my browser settings to unicode for view and now all seems to be fine.

    post #7 of 16
    Add my username to the list. It's supposed to be Pifomètre.
    post #8 of 16

    It should revert soon :)

    post #9 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Yay, we sort of have our names back! I can live with an O smile.gif
    post #10 of 16

    Progress :)

    post #11 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NorstromView Post

    Yay, we sort of have our names back! I can live with an O smile.gif


    I'm sure that soon you'll have your Ø or miniscule ø back.

    post #12 of 16

    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gifYou will have to come and get it....

    post #13 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mumsyView Post

    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gifYou will have to come and get it....

    LOL!

    post #14 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mumsyView Post

    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gif You will have to come and get it....

    Haha, that's brilliant! biggrin.gif
    post #15 of 16
    Now we've found that bit, let's go and hunt for the missing notes.
    post #16 of 16
    Here are all the umlauts. They had all fallen off.










    .
    . . .
    . . . . .
    . . . . . . .
    class="

    5/18/13 at 1:17am

    Norstrom said:



    I, along with a lot of other users, have had my username changed, when the forum changed. My username used to be Norstrøm, and as you see, the Ø has disappeared.
    I have noticed that Rüssel is now Rssel and döfä91 (I think it was spelled lile that) is now something like df91.

    Is there a way for us to change it, or does it have to be done from the host-side of the site?

    Edit: There is also Classé, which has been shortened to Class.
    Edited by Norstrom - 5/18/13 at 1:55am

    5/18/13 at 1:45am

    Trauerkraut said:



    If this is what it's supposed to be I am very disappointed!

    Some, for me veryimportant things of my wardrobe are gone, such as: number of wearings, day of last wearing, personal ratings of scent andtheir respectivelongevity.

    Fragrance search does not exist anymore: one can only search for a scent via the name of the house: very inconvenient!

    It should be very desirable if we were keptupdated about what is going on and what we may expect!

    5/18/13 at 12:26pm

    dofa91 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NorstrmView Post

    I, along with a lot of other users, have had my username changed, when the forum changed. My username used to be Norstrøm, and as you see, the Ø has disappeared.
    I have noticed that Rüssel is now Rssel and döfä91 (I think it was spelled lile that) is now something like df91.

    Is there a way for us to change it, or does it have to be done from the host-side of the site?

    Edit: There is also Classé, which has been shortened to Class.


    You're right Norstrøm my username döfä91 has turned to read df91. It's not a big deal but i wish it will be back some day like it was. It seems it's the problem with all umlauts.

    5/18/13 at 12:30pm

    lpp said:



    There's some info. in this section about it being in hand - should be sorted out soon hopefully.

    5/18/13 at 12:46pm

    dougczar said:



    Just a simple character encoding issue. I'm sure they will set it to unicode very soon. Shouldn't be a problem. Names in the database should still be fine - just garbled in the UI.

    5/18/13 at 3:11pm

    hednic said:



    I was getting garbled characters for accents and non-English letters. Changed my browser settings to unicode for view and now all seems to be fine.

    5/19/13 at 6:51pm

    Pifometre said:



    Add my username to the list. It's supposed to be Pifomètre.

    5/20/13 at 1:36am

    lpp said:



    It should revert soon :)

    5/21/13 at 8:06am

    Norstrom said:



    Yay, we sort of have our names back! I can live with an O smile.gif

    5/21/13 at 9:01am

    lpp said:



    Progress :)

    5/21/13 at 10:45am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NorstromView Post

    Yay, we sort of have our names back! I can live with an O smile.gif


    I'm sure that soon you'll have your Ø or miniscule ø back.

    5/21/13 at 11:13am

    mumsy said:



    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gifYou will have to come and get it....

    5/21/13 at 11:18am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mumsyView Post

    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gifYou will have to come and get it....

    LOL!

    5/21/13 at 1:45pm

    Norstrom said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mumsyView Post

    Here's the missing bit for you..... / ......... There!beer.gif You will have to come and get it....

    Haha, that's brilliant! biggrin.gif

    5/21/13 at 1:52pm

    mumsy said:



    Now we've found that bit, let's go and hunt for the missing notes.

    5/21/13 at 1:56pm

    mumsy said:



    Here are all the umlauts. They had all fallen off.










    .
    . . .
    . . . . .
    . . . . . . .





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000