Body size and choice of fragrance?

    Notice about Huddler changeover here372002


    5/18/13 at 9:11pm

    Magic Ketchup said:



    This might sound funny, but what fragrance would you recommend for a big guy? When I see a sportive guy I would imagine he wears a citrusy or aqua scent cologne. But for an overweight man, which kind of cologne would you associate it with?

    5/18/13 at 9:13pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    something clean. áanything too sweet or woody or stanky could add to the negative stereotype he's a slob.

    á

    take millesime imperial for example. ástereotype that a fat sweaty guy is a slob, and then you go up to him and "wow, he smells so fresh and clean".

    5/18/13 at 9:13pm

    noirdrakkar said:



    something clean. áanything too sweet or woody or stanky could add to the negative stereotype he's a slob.

    á

    take millesime imperial for example. ástereotype that a fat sweaty guy is a slob, and then you go up to him and "wow, he smells so fresh and clean".

    5/18/13 at 9:25pm

    hednic said:



    No particular fragrance. Anything that any other individual might wear.

    5/18/13 at 9:28pm

    JiveHippo said:



    Whatever floats your boat!

    5/18/13 at 10:04pm

    kimo said:



    Citrus. Something with good longevity.

    5/18/13 at 11:23pm

    FullCollapse said:



    5/18/13 at 11:39pm

    Kagey said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hednicáView Post

    No particular fragrance. Anything that any other individual might wear.

    á

    This. Wear what you enjoy.á

    5/18/13 at 11:44pm

    -40 deg said:



    Fat Electrician? umm! sorry had to write that down. Must be the ding dong in me.happy.gif

    5/19/13 at 1:16am

    Russel said:



    New Haarlem by Bond No 9.
    á

    5/19/13 at 1:58am

    Nosebud said:



    I have never thought about that before.

    It depends on why you wear fragrance. It is a sliding scale of 'pleasing others' to 'pleasing yourself' with the occassional 'this is interesting.'
    As mentioned above you could fight the stereotypes... or just wear what you enjoy.

    I have read in other posts about avoiding TdH, cloying leathers, and ouds if BO is a problem.

    I don't know why but on a bigger guy I see vetiver as a great scent.

    5/19/13 at 2:07am

    rhaybans said:



    I think it has less to do with size, and more to do with style & personality. áBig conservative lumberjack looking dude with a beard and oversized flannel shirt? áPerhaps woody fragrances. áBig flamboyant guy with a lot of personality? áRock some Kouros. álol. á

    5/19/13 at 3:01am

    Mick_Trick said:



    Perhaps avoid strong cumin note?

    5/19/13 at 4:35am

    Le Grand Duc said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rhaybansáView Post

    Big conservative lumberjack looking dude with a beard and oversized flannel shirt? áPerhaps woody fragrances. áBig flamboyant guy with a lot of personality? áRock some Kouros. álol. á

    á

    I'd say the other way around. The bearded lumberjack should be wearing Kouros.

    And the flamboyant personality should wear something woody. Yep ... Égoïste!

    5/19/13 at 6:13am

    Jojo Lapin X said:



    I am very tall and have large ears. Are there any fragrances I should avoid? Please do not say Aramis Havana.