A few questions before a newbie makes his first purchase

    A few questions before a newbie makes his first purchase

    post #1 of 17
    Thread Starter 

    Hello everyone,

    I recently ordered a few samples from perfumecourt, after asking for recommendations here. I am going to buy a bottle of Dior Homme Intense, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

    The sample of Dior Homme Intense I received from perfumecourt was labeled "Dior Homme Intense EDP Limited Edition". I was going to get it from cheapsmells - http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productId=120063, but I want to make sure its the same version as the sample I received. On perfumecourt it says a new version was released in 2011 and I assume this is the sample I received. Does anyone know if this is the version I will get it I order from cheapsmells or fragrancenet,

    etc.?

    My concern before I order the Guerlain SDV is the bottle. I see 2 different bottles online, and I want the more masculine version (I'm 39 year old male). Here are the 2 different bottles. Anyone know where I can order a bottle and receive the bottle w/ the more masculine spray top in the first photo? I was going to order from Nordstrom.com, but the photo they show is the more feminine bottle.

    thanks

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    post #2 of 17

    The first picture is the one I am familiar with. This is the older bottle. Might be hard finding this still. This bottle muust have been changed to the newer one in the second picture, which I had not seen before.

    post #3 of 17

    I have the second bottle, but without the puffer, just like the first one. Do they not have that version?

    post #4 of 17
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    I have the second bottle, but without the puffer, just like the first one. Do they not have that version?

    The only places I have seen it for sale online (Saks and Nordstrom) both show a photo of the bottle w/ the puffer.

    post #5 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    Hello everyone,

    I recently ordered a few samples from perfumecourt, after asking for recommendations here. I am going to buy a bottle of Dior Homme Intense, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

    The sample of Dior Homme Intense I received from perfumecourt was labeled "Dior Homme Intense EDP Limited Edition". I was going to get it from cheapsmells - http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productId=120063, but I want to make sure its the same version as the sample I received. On perfumecourt it says a new version was released in 2011 and I assume this is the sample I received. Does anyone know if this is the version I will get it I order from cheapsmells or fragrancenet,

    etc.?

    My concern before I order the Guerlain SDV is the bottle. I see 2 different bottles online, and I want the more masculine version (I'm 39 year old male). Here are the 2 different bottles. Anyone know where I can order a bottle and receive the bottle w/ the more masculine spray top in the first photo? I was going to order from Nordstrom.com, but the photo they show is the more feminine bottle.

    thanks

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    who cares its just a bottle. -_-. Talking to other men about aromas( which we all do on basenotes) is a more serious offence then having a bottle with a puffer. grow up

    post #6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    The only places I have seen it for sale online (Saks and Nordstrom) both show a photo of the bottle w/ the puffer.

    Weird. That puffer would sure put me off -- looks welded on also. Better than not having it all though, I suppose. Why it isn't marketed as 'unisex' beats me.

    post #7 of 17

    The puffer is bad not so much for the look, but because it will make the perfume evaporate quickly. You are right not to want that. I would assume that the bottle comes also with a regular atomizer, and you can choose which one to use, but you should ask beforehand, to avoid surprises. Other than the puffer, the bottle is nondescript and masculine enough (what I personally have issues with is the perfume itself, but that's a personal thing).

    cacio

    post #8 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    The puffer is bad not so much for the look, but because it will make the perfume evaporate quickly. You are right not to want that. I would assume that the bottle comes also with a regular atomizer, and you can choose which one to use, but you should ask beforehand, to avoid surprises. Other than the puffer, the bottle is nondescript and masculine enough (what I personally have issues with is the perfume itself, but that's a personal thing).

    cacio

    They come with both. There will be a regular atomizer as well.

    The top bottle is the older one. The bottom one is the newer version. There isn't a men's and ladies SDV, just the one version,
    post #9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp
    who cares its just a bottle. -_-. Talking to other men about aromas( which we all do on basenotes) is a more serious offence then having a bottle with a puffer. grow up

    Obviously the OP cares, hence this thread.
    post #10 of 17
    The bottle with the wax seal was discontinued in 2012.

    Current production is the one on the bottom.

    I personally prefer the wax seal bottle.
    post #11 of 17

    It comes with both. I don't recommend using the puffer since it will let the juice evaporate.

    I'm not sure if the juice was reformulated or not. It be best to try to find the old bottle if possible.

    post #12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimpView Post
    grow up

    You should be first in line to take some of your advice. Answer the question or move along.

    post #13 of 17

    +1 the bottle with the red seal is older. The new one has the gold name plate.

    One word of caution on the bulb atomiser: It's true. It looks nice, but it will cause evaporation and even leakage. I stick with the screw cap and decant into a sprayer. If I want, I can just display the bottle on a dresser or vanity.

    This can be called an "old school" maculine."

    "The perfume is unisex but offers the pleasing sensation of an old-school Victorian floral masculine scent, hidden somewhere in the recesses of the fragrance."

    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/2008/01/guerlain_spiritueuse_double_va.html

    post #14 of 17

    just saw u are from Chicago. We got a "bad@ss" here lol. South Bronx stand up!

    post #15 of 17
    Thread Starter 

    Thanks for the help everyone. I will go ahead and order it knowing it will come w/ a regular atomizer.

    post #16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    Thanks for the help everyone. I will go ahead and order it knowing it will come w/ a regular atomizer.

    Have you tested the scent? My math professor kept a bottle in his office and i kept looking at it. She knows I like fragrances so she asked me if i wanted to have a spritz. It is a wonderful scent but it is a little to sweet for my taste and I enjoy Rochas Man and Angel Man.

    post #17 of 17
    Thread Starter 

    5/20/13 at 6:47am

    drugstorecowboy said:



    Hello everyone,

    I recently ordered a few samples from perfumecourt, after asking for recommendations here. I am going to buy a bottle of Dior Homme Intense, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

    The sample of Dior Homme Intense I received from perfumecourt was labeled "Dior Homme Intense EDP Limited Edition". I was going to get it from cheapsmells - http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productId=120063, but I want to make sure its the same version as the sample I received. On perfumecourt it says a new version was released in 2011 and I assume this is the sample I received. Does anyone know if this is the version I will get it I order from cheapsmells or fragrancenet,

    etc.?

    My concern before I order the Guerlain SDV is the bottle. I see 2 different bottles online, and I want the more masculine version (I'm 39 year old male). Here are the 2 different bottles. Anyone know where I can order a bottle and receive the bottle w/ the more masculine spray top in the first photo? I was going to order from Nordstrom.com, but the photo they show is the more feminine bottle.

    thanks

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    5/20/13 at 7:10am

    hednic said:



    The first picture is the one I am familiar with. This is the older bottle. Might be hard finding this still. This bottle muust have been changed to the newer one in the second picture, which I had not seen before.

    5/20/13 at 7:48am

    Kaern said:



    I have the second bottle, but without the puffer, just like the first one. Do they not have that version?

    5/20/13 at 7:58am

    drugstorecowboy said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaernView Post

    I have the second bottle, but without the puffer, just like the first one. Do they not have that version?

    The only places I have seen it for sale online (Saks and Nordstrom) both show a photo of the bottle w/ the puffer.

    5/20/13 at 8:22am

    SmellGoodPimp said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    Hello everyone,

    I recently ordered a few samples from perfumecourt, after asking for recommendations here. I am going to buy a bottle of Dior Homme Intense, Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille.

    The sample of Dior Homme Intense I received from perfumecourt was labeled "Dior Homme Intense EDP Limited Edition". I was going to get it from cheapsmells - http://www.cheapsmells.com/productPaging.php?productId=120063, but I want to make sure its the same version as the sample I received. On perfumecourt it says a new version was released in 2011 and I assume this is the sample I received. Does anyone know if this is the version I will get it I order from cheapsmells or fragrancenet,

    etc.?

    My concern before I order the Guerlain SDV is the bottle. I see 2 different bottles online, and I want the more masculine version (I'm 39 year old male). Here are the 2 different bottles. Anyone know where I can order a bottle and receive the bottle w/ the more masculine spray top in the first photo? I was going to order from Nordstrom.com, but the photo they show is the more feminine bottle.

    thanks

    CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

    who cares its just a bottle. -_-. Talking to other men about aromas( which we all do on basenotes) is a more serious offence then having a bottle with a puffer. grow up

    5/20/13 at 8:28am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    The only places I have seen it for sale online (Saks and Nordstrom) both show a photo of the bottle w/ the puffer.

    Weird. That puffer would sure put me off -- looks welded on also. Better than not having it all though, I suppose. Why it isn't marketed as 'unisex' beats me.

    5/20/13 at 1:56pm

    cacio said:



    The puffer is bad not so much for the look, but because it will make the perfume evaporate quickly. You are right not to want that. I would assume that the bottle comes also with a regular atomizer, and you can choose which one to use, but you should ask beforehand, to avoid surprises. Other than the puffer, the bottle is nondescript and masculine enough (what I personally have issues with is the perfume itself, but that's a personal thing).

    cacio

    5/20/13 at 6:54pm

    PalmBeach said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cacioView Post

    The puffer is bad not so much for the look, but because it will make the perfume evaporate quickly. You are right not to want that. I would assume that the bottle comes also with a regular atomizer, and you can choose which one to use, but you should ask beforehand, to avoid surprises. Other than the puffer, the bottle is nondescript and masculine enough (what I personally have issues with is the perfume itself, but that's a personal thing).

    cacio

    They come with both. There will be a regular atomizer as well.

    The top bottle is the older one. The bottom one is the newer version. There isn't a men's and ladies SDV, just the one version,

    5/20/13 at 8:34pm

    chili_willi said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp
    who cares its just a bottle. -_-. Talking to other men about aromas( which we all do on basenotes) is a more serious offence then having a bottle with a puffer. grow up

    Obviously the OP cares, hence this thread.

    5/21/13 at 12:25am

    hedonist222 said:



    The bottle with the wax seal was discontinued in 2012.

    Current production is the one on the bottom.

    I personally prefer the wax seal bottle.

    5/21/13 at 4:27pm

    aphexacid said:



    It comes with both. I don't recommend using the puffer since it will let the juice evaporate.

    I'm not sure if the juice was reformulated or not. It be best to try to find the old bottle if possible.

    5/21/13 at 4:30pm

    aphexacid said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimpView Post
    grow up

    You should be first in line to take some of your advice. Answer the question or move along.

    5/21/13 at 5:42pm

    Primrose said:



    +1 the bottle with the red seal is older. The new one has the gold name plate.

    One word of caution on the bulb atomiser: It's true. It looks nice, but it will cause evaporation and even leakage. I stick with the screw cap and decant into a sprayer. If I want, I can just display the bottle on a dresser or vanity.

    This can be called an "old school" maculine."

    "The perfume is unisex but offers the pleasing sensation of an old-school Victorian floral masculine scent, hidden somewhere in the recesses of the fragrance."

    http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/2008/01/guerlain_spiritueuse_double_va.html

    5/21/13 at 8:57pm

    SmellGoodPimp said:



    just saw u are from Chicago. We got a "bad@ss" here lol. South Bronx stand up!

    5/22/13 at 6:04am

    drugstorecowboy said:



    Thanks for the help everyone. I will go ahead and order it knowing it will come w/ a regular atomizer.

    5/22/13 at 10:28pm

    SmellGoodPimp said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drugstorecowboyView Post

    Thanks for the help everyone. I will go ahead and order it knowing it will come w/ a regular atomizer.

    Have you tested the scent? My math professor kept a bottle in his office and i kept looking at it. She knows I like fragrances so she asked me if i wanted to have a spritz. It is a wonderful scent but it is a little to sweet for my taste and I enjoy Rochas Man and Angel Man.

    5/23/13 at 6:25am

    drugstorecowboy said:







Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000