(No Title)

    (No Title)

    post #1 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Hopefully, we'll be seeing them all soon smile.gif

     

     

    poor them, they dont know who is waiting for them lol

    post #2 of 17
    Thread Starter 

    Seems there is a wealth of knowledgeable users to pick from this community in regards to how the site should function and have plenty of understanding of web development. Asking them to check into beta launch could have picked out these glaring issue in one day, as was evidenced by the amount of posts about features that popped up the first day with Huddler.

    post #3 of 17
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rynegne View Post

    After migrating everything, you're still going to run into bugs which can and or have to be fixed ad-hoc. There are quite a few issues that need to be worked out by the devs currently. However, many issues I'm reading here are tied to general look and feel of the site...or things changing location opposed to the old site. We released a surfable beta to our users, the feedback wasn't that good. Many of the users were very generic in terms of usable feedback. Unless you have an intimate knowledge of how things are supposed to function, it's pretty hard to get anything of value in terms of bugs...unless it's really obvious to the average person.

     

     

    But everything was NOT migrated. If that had been the case, but there were bugs, i guarantee people would rally behind Grant while the bugs were worked out and people would be patient. In this case, it seems some features may or may not come back, no warning was given about losing access to wardrobes...blog posts, etc. 

    post #4 of 17

    Personally i don't like ANY kind of changes in life and would like to see the things as they are and used to be but the fact is that Basenotes has moved to the new platform/board software that is different but imo it was going to a good direction. I find the site to be good functionally, though the fact is that i use only small part of the functions myself. 

     

    I don't believe people are so emotional that they let the new design affect to their membership - the fragrances are the thing why we are here anyway.  I'm quite sure the people who haven't posted lately after the change will come back.

    post #5 of 17

    Somebody messed up this thread: it was started by Hednic and actually did have a title: obviously it was not a title that was generally liked somehow???... It begins to look like Russia in here...!!

    post #6 of 17

    I'll go & look for the old one.

    If I find it, will post a link.

     

    Edit - any idea what the title was please?

    post #7 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    I'll go & look for the old one.

    If I find it, will post a link.

     

    Edit - any idea what the title was please?

    ...better ask Hednic! I searched for the threads started by Hednic, but it is not there anymore!

    Probably destroyed? More than ¾ of the total thread disappeared; this here is what is left!

    post #8 of 17

    Oh dear - I did that too.

    Maybe it self-destructed :(

    post #9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post

    Somebody messed up this thread: it was started by Hednic and actually did have a title: obviously it was not a title that was generally liked somehow???... It begins to look like Russia in here...!!


    Actually it was started by yet another poster and then it was switched to Hednic...  Looks like many of the posts were deleted (including mine).

    post #10 of 17

    ...

    post #11 of 17

    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" 
    I have no idea what has happened to it or why it then appeared under hednic's name or why it is still running if the management removed so many posts or whether this post will also be removed.


    Edited by martinijo - 5/24/13 at 5:12am
    post #12 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by martinijo View Post

    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" 
    I have no idea what has happened to it or why it then appeared under hednic's name or why it is still running if the management removed so may posts or whether this post will also be removed.

    Yeah -- I remember posting that once all the 'hissy fits' were over the basenoters would probably all trickle back to the site. You'd think the 'management' would have left that in , instead of deletingsad.gif

    post #13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by martinijo View Post

    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" .....

     

    It must be this thread then.

    post #14 of 17

    Yes, duplicate threads are normally deleted, I think.

    post #15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post

     

    It must be this thread then.

    ...it is...!

    post #16 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Yes, duplicate threads are normally deleted, I think.


    Err, there was only one thread originally.
    Maybe there are now two because of  the same software problem that resulted in the thread appearing under Hednic's name?
    I understand why it was moved from Male Fragrance Discussion, I posted it there because I was on autopilot.
    Maybe these threads can now be re-united over in the Community Forum.
     (I am glad the thread hasn't been deleted anyway, I was a bit concerned about that.)

    Ok, we are in Community, can we please put this back with the rest of the thread then, Thanks happy.gif

    post #17 of 17
    Didn't even notice that something had changed within this thread.
    class="

    5/23/13 at 6:23am

    iivanita said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Hopefully, we'll be seeing them all soon smile.gif

     

     

    poor them, they dont know who is waiting for them lol

    5/23/13 at 8:44am

    axmaster45 said:



    Seems there is a wealth of knowledgeable users to pick from this community in regards to how the site should function and have plenty of understanding of web development. Asking them to check into beta launch could have picked out these glaring issue in one day, as was evidenced by the amount of posts about features that popped up the first day with Huddler.

    5/23/13 at 8:49am

    axmaster45 said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rynegne View Post

    After migrating everything, you're still going to run into bugs which can and or have to be fixed ad-hoc. There are quite a few issues that need to be worked out by the devs currently. However, many issues I'm reading here are tied to general look and feel of the site...or things changing location opposed to the old site. We released a surfable beta to our users, the feedback wasn't that good. Many of the users were very generic in terms of usable feedback. Unless you have an intimate knowledge of how things are supposed to function, it's pretty hard to get anything of value in terms of bugs...unless it's really obvious to the average person.

     

     

    But everything was NOT migrated. If that had been the case, but there were bugs, i guarantee people would rally behind Grant while the bugs were worked out and people would be patient. In this case, it seems some features may or may not come back, no warning was given about losing access to wardrobes...blog posts, etc. 

    5/23/13 at 8:57am

    dofa91 said:



    Personally i don't like ANY kind of changes in life and would like to see the things as they are and used to be but the fact is that Basenotes has moved to the new platform/board software that is different but imo it was going to a good direction. I find the site to be good functionally, though the fact is that i use only small part of the functions myself. 

     

    I don't believe people are so emotional that they let the new design affect to their membership - the fragrances are the thing why we are here anyway.  I'm quite sure the people who haven't posted lately after the change will come back.

    5/23/13 at 10:19am

    Trauerkraut said:



    Somebody messed up this thread: it was started by Hednic and actually did have a title: obviously it was not a title that was generally liked somehow???... It begins to look like Russia in here...!!

    5/23/13 at 10:44am

    lpp said:



    I'll go & look for the old one.

    If I find it, will post a link.

     

    Edit - any idea what the title was please?

    5/23/13 at 11:38am

    Trauerkraut said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    I'll go & look for the old one.

    If I find it, will post a link.

     

    Edit - any idea what the title was please?

    ...better ask Hednic! I searched for the threads started by Hednic, but it is not there anymore!

    Probably destroyed? More than ¾ of the total thread disappeared; this here is what is left!

    5/23/13 at 11:41am

    lpp said:



    Oh dear - I did that too.

    Maybe it self-destructed :(

    5/23/13 at 12:15pm

    drseid said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post

    Somebody messed up this thread: it was started by Hednic and actually did have a title: obviously it was not a title that was generally liked somehow???... It begins to look like Russia in here...!!


    Actually it was started by yet another poster and then it was switched to Hednic...  Looks like many of the posts were deleted (including mine).

    5/23/13 at 1:41pm

    lpp said:



    ...

    5/24/13 at 3:16am

    martinijo said:



    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" 
    I have no idea what has happened to it or why it then appeared under hednic's name or why it is still running if the management removed so many posts or whether this post will also be removed.


    Edited by martinijo - 5/24/13 at 5:12am

    5/24/13 at 3:41am

    Kaern said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by martinijo View Post

    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" 
    I have no idea what has happened to it or why it then appeared under hednic's name or why it is still running if the management removed so may posts or whether this post will also be removed.

    Yeah -- I remember posting that once all the 'hissy fits' were over the basenoters would probably all trickle back to the site. You'd think the 'management' would have left that in , instead of deletingsad.gif

    5/24/13 at 4:28am

    perfaddict said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by martinijo View Post

    Actually it was started by me.
     The thread title was "Are only half the number of people now using the site" .....

     

    It must be this thread then.

    5/24/13 at 4:34am

    lpp said:



    Yes, duplicate threads are normally deleted, I think.

    5/24/13 at 4:57am

    Trauerkraut said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post

     

    It must be this thread then.

    ...it is...!

    5/24/13 at 5:16am

    martinijo said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lpp View Post

    Yes, duplicate threads are normally deleted, I think.


    Err, there was only one thread originally.
    Maybe there are now two because of  the same software problem that resulted in the thread appearing under Hednic's name?
    I understand why it was moved from Male Fragrance Discussion, I posted it there because I was on autopilot.
    Maybe these threads can now be re-united over in the Community Forum.
     (I am glad the thread hasn't been deleted anyway, I was a bit concerned about that.)

    Ok, we are in Community, can we please put this back with the rest of the thread then, Thanks happy.gif

    5/24/13 at 6:04am

    hednic said:



    Didn't even notice that something had changed within this thread.





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000