Has a perfume you ever wanted been just near you the whole time?

    Has a perfume you ever wanted been just near you the whole time?

    post #1 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    Was looking for *WWDIPIS* in London and couldn't find it.

    It was in a shop twenty metres from my apartment in Athens!

    arghhhhhhhhhhh

    post #2 of 16
    Hasn't happened to me yet although I wish it would!
    post #3 of 16
    Thread Starter 

    Wishing it for you too........it's a great feeling but also one of *grrrrrrr what was i thinking*

    post #4 of 16
    Have looked around many malls far away seeking vintage bottles or just hard finds and a small shop in a dingy mall 5 minutes away has tons of great stuff!
    post #5 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foughareView Post

    Have looked around many malls far away seeking vintage bottles or just hard finds and a small shop in a dingy mall 5 minutes away has tons of great stuff!

    That's fabulous........congrats foughare!!!!!!!!! Spoil yourself!

    sea roses

    post #6 of 16

    Never lucky you

    post #7 of 16
    Thread Starter 
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mccann690View Post

    Never lucky you

    Thank you........I would never have said that a year ago.......but I found Farouche and WWDIPIS

    Hope you find the scents you are looking for.

    sea roses

    post #8 of 16

    what's wwdipis?

    post #9 of 16
    I was looking for the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie in the year 2013 for ages. I went EVERYWHERE and I refused to buy online. In the end I settled for the 2011 version. One month later I find it at my local drugstore 4 blocks away from my house. frown.gif
    post #10 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sea RosesView Post

    That's fabulous........congrats foughare!!!!!!!!! Spoil yourself!

    sea roses

    I've certainly been doing so!smile.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VintagePoisonView Post

    I was looking for the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie in the year 2013 for ages. I went EVERYWHERE and I refused to buy online. In the end I settled for the 2011 version. One month later I find it at my local drugstore 4 blocks away from my house. frown.gif
    Geez tough luck
    post #11 of 16
    No not really.
    post #12 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    what's wwdipis?

    What We Do in Paris is Secret by A Lab on Fire, presumably. A jaw-dropping heliotrope perfume.

    post #13 of 16

    Regular retail hardly ever sells most of the fragrances I like in stores near to me, have to rely on Internet retailers for improved fragrance availability&variety.

    post #14 of 16

    Yes, but not in the "scents" that you mean. (Lol, I crack myself up!)

    Seriously, what I mean is not regarding a store and their location, but samples I have accumulated. Often times I will initially write off a scent based on first sampling. Many though I have come to like after revisiting many months later. For example, L'instant from Guerlain and Hugh Parsons Blue, love them!

    So.......many that I have wanted have only been literally "inches" away.

    post #15 of 16
    I wish. I can't find LIDGE anywhere.
    post #16 of 16
    Cannot think of any...
    class="

    6/10/13 at 12:49pm

    Sea Roses said:



    Was looking for *WWDIPIS* in London and couldn't find it.

    It was in a shop twenty metres from my apartment in Athens!

    arghhhhhhhhhhh

    6/10/13 at 12:50pm

    hednic said:



    Hasn't happened to me yet although I wish it would!

    6/10/13 at 12:52pm

    Sea Roses said:



    Wishing it for you too........it's a great feeling but also one of *grrrrrrr what was i thinking*

    6/10/13 at 12:53pm

    foughare said:



    Have looked around many malls far away seeking vintage bottles or just hard finds and a small shop in a dingy mall 5 minutes away has tons of great stuff!

    6/10/13 at 12:55pm

    Sea Roses said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foughareView Post

    Have looked around many malls far away seeking vintage bottles or just hard finds and a small shop in a dingy mall 5 minutes away has tons of great stuff!

    That's fabulous........congrats foughare!!!!!!!!! Spoil yourself!

    sea roses

    6/10/13 at 12:57pm

    mccann690 said:



    Never lucky you

    6/10/13 at 2:11pm

    Sea Roses said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mccann690View Post

    Never lucky you

    Thank you........I would never have said that a year ago.......but I found Farouche and WWDIPIS

    Hope you find the scents you are looking for.

    sea roses

    6/10/13 at 2:14pm

    Tony T said:



    what's wwdipis?

    6/10/13 at 2:44pm

    VintagePoison said:



    I was looking for the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie in the year 2013 for ages. I went EVERYWHERE and I refused to buy online. In the end I settled for the 2011 version. One month later I find it at my local drugstore 4 blocks away from my house. frown.gif

    6/10/13 at 3:10pm

    foughare said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sea RosesView Post

    That's fabulous........congrats foughare!!!!!!!!! Spoil yourself!

    sea roses

    I've certainly been doing so!smile.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VintagePoisonView Post

    I was looking for the 2005 version of Miss Dior Cherie in the year 2013 for ages. I went EVERYWHERE and I refused to buy online. In the end I settled for the 2011 version. One month later I find it at my local drugstore 4 blocks away from my house. frown.gif
    Geez tough luck

    6/10/13 at 8:28pm

    hedonist222 said:



    No not really.

    6/11/13 at 12:39am

    deadidol said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony TView Post

    what's wwdipis?

    What We Do in Paris is Secret by A Lab on Fire, presumably. A jaw-dropping heliotrope perfume.

    6/12/13 at 8:44am

    Ken_Russell said:



    Regular retail hardly ever sells most of the fragrances I like in stores near to me, have to rely on Internet retailers for improved fragrance availability&variety.

    6/12/13 at 9:14am

    Mattybumpkin said:



    Yes, but not in the "scents" that you mean. (Lol, I crack myself up!)

    Seriously, what I mean is not regarding a store and their location, but samples I have accumulated. Often times I will initially write off a scent based on first sampling. Many though I have come to like after revisiting many months later. For example, L'instant from Guerlain and Hugh Parsons Blue, love them!

    So.......many that I have wanted have only been literally "inches" away.

    6/12/13 at 9:15am

    kpzo said:



    I wish. I can't find LIDGE anywhere.

    6/12/13 at 9:37am

    Sapfir said:



    Cannot think of any...





Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000