How common does Sephora do this? Terrible Service.

    How common does Sephora do this? Terrible Service.

    post #1 of 11
    Thread Starter 

    I made my first purcahse from Sephora last thursday. The item I ordered was Bleu de Chanel. Was excited to open my package only too see that it was missing a cap and the sprayer sprayed instantly( meaning used).

     

    How often does occur with purchases online from Sephora? This was my first purchase from the and my last. Not even fragrancenet sent me a bottle that was not advertised as is.

    post #2 of 11
    Never heard such terrible service like that before. I'd call them right away and tell them or bring it to your local Sephora if you are near one and have them make it right.
    post #3 of 11
    You should not only get what you ordered, but something else in addition to compensate you for the BS. That's not only bad business, it's borderline fraudulent.

    I so wish I could do the talking on this. This kind of deplorable service drives me nuts.

    Do not accept only a new bottle of BdC. Demand something else in addition.Be polite and calm, but be firm and unrelenting. I wish you the best of luck.
    post #4 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mtnbkr123 View Post

    This kind of deplorable service drives me nuts.

    .

    Same here.
    post #5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp View Post

    I made my first purcahse from Sephora last thursday. The item I ordered was Bleu de Chanel. Was excited to open my package only too see that it was missing a cap and the sprayer sprayed instantly( meaning used).

     

    How often does occur with purchases online from Sephora? This was my first purchase from the and my last. Not even fragrancenet sent me a bottle that was not advertised as is.


    I've read anecdotal reports that some sprayers are primed at the point of manufacture, but don't really know.  That isn't the case for most of my purchases; just saying that, alone, a primed sprayer may not be indicative of a used item. 

     

    But the cap thing, gee whiz, that's awful.  Sephora is a reputable company, and I'm sure it will  make things right. Please update this thread to say what the result is -- too often we complain about a customer service issue, and never post the follow up (which oftentimes fully remedies the situation).   

    post #6 of 11

    Yeah, the juice coming out immediately on spray isn't necessarily a 100% sign that it's been used.  That said, the lack of cap is horrendous - was there a box too? 

    post #7 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post

    Yeah, the juice coming out immediately on spray isn't necessarily a 100% sign that it's been used.  That said, the lack of cap is horrendous - was there a box too? 

    In addition to that 'unpriming' is very easily accomplished and takes only a few seconds. So an unprimed bottle sprayer is not necessarily a sign of a new, unused bottle.

    post #8 of 11

    Their customer service is good.  I had a problem with a sprayer once and took the item back to the store months after purchase without a receipt and they gave me a new bottle.  You have nothing to worry about. 

    post #9 of 11

    Just send back for an exchange Smell Good Pimp. How are they supposed to know that there is no cap on a bottle inside a sealed box? Or, was the box not sealed?

    post #10 of 11
    Sephora is excellent with returns and exchanges, you'l have no problems.
    post #11 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post

    Sephora is excellent with returns and exchanges, you'l have no problems.

    I agree. I can't imagine how this happened in the first place, but somewhere along the line, human error messed something up. I wish Sephora's offerings were more diverse, but their customer service has always been top notch for me.
    class="

    6/10/13 at 6:42pm

    SmellGoodPimp said:



    I made my first purcahse from Sephora last thursday. The item I ordered was Bleu de Chanel. Was excited to open my package only too see that it was missing a cap and the sprayer sprayed instantly( meaning used).

     

    How often does occur with purchases online from Sephora? This was my first purchase from the and my last. Not even fragrancenet sent me a bottle that was not advertised as is.

    6/10/13 at 6:55pm

    hednic said:



    Never heard such terrible service like that before. I'd call them right away and tell them or bring it to your local Sephora if you are near one and have them make it right.

    6/10/13 at 8:16pm

    Mtnbkr123 said:



    You should not only get what you ordered, but something else in addition to compensate you for the BS. That's not only bad business, it's borderline fraudulent.

    I so wish I could do the talking on this. This kind of deplorable service drives me nuts.

    Do not accept only a new bottle of BdC. Demand something else in addition.Be polite and calm, but be firm and unrelenting. I wish you the best of luck.

    6/11/13 at 3:56am

    hednic said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mtnbkr123 View Post

    This kind of deplorable service drives me nuts.

    .

    Same here.

    6/11/13 at 8:30am

    barclaydetolly said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmellGoodPimp View Post

    I made my first purcahse from Sephora last thursday. The item I ordered was Bleu de Chanel. Was excited to open my package only too see that it was missing a cap and the sprayer sprayed instantly( meaning used).

     

    How often does occur with purchases online from Sephora? This was my first purchase from the and my last. Not even fragrancenet sent me a bottle that was not advertised as is.


    I've read anecdotal reports that some sprayers are primed at the point of manufacture, but don't really know.  That isn't the case for most of my purchases; just saying that, alone, a primed sprayer may not be indicative of a used item. 

     

    But the cap thing, gee whiz, that's awful.  Sephora is a reputable company, and I'm sure it will  make things right. Please update this thread to say what the result is -- too often we complain about a customer service issue, and never post the follow up (which oftentimes fully remedies the situation).   

    6/11/13 at 9:24am

    fitch256 said:



    Yeah, the juice coming out immediately on spray isn't necessarily a 100% sign that it's been used.  That said, the lack of cap is horrendous - was there a box too? 

    6/11/13 at 10:29am

    kbe said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post

    Yeah, the juice coming out immediately on spray isn't necessarily a 100% sign that it's been used.  That said, the lack of cap is horrendous - was there a box too? 

    In addition to that 'unpriming' is very easily accomplished and takes only a few seconds. So an unprimed bottle sprayer is not necessarily a sign of a new, unused bottle.

    6/12/13 at 7:56pm

    Titan said:



    Their customer service is good.  I had a problem with a sprayer once and took the item back to the store months after purchase without a receipt and they gave me a new bottle.  You have nothing to worry about. 

    6/12/13 at 8:09pm

    heperd said:



    Just send back for an exchange Smell Good Pimp. How are they supposed to know that there is no cap on a bottle inside a sealed box? Or, was the box not sealed?

    6/12/13 at 8:18pm

    VintagePoison said:



    Sephora is excellent with returns and exchanges, you'l have no problems.

    6/13/13 at 10:31am

    L'Homme Blanc Individuel said:



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post

    Sephora is excellent with returns and exchanges, you'l have no problems.

    I agree. I can't imagine how this happened in the first place, but somewhere along the line, human error messed something up. I wish Sephora's offerings were more diverse, but their customer service has always been top notch for me.